This Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) sets forth the principles that govern the use by customers of the Web-based products and services provided by Launch3 Communications, Inc. This AUP is designed to help protect our customers, and the Internet community, from irresponsible, abusive, or illegal activities.
This AUP identifies the actions that Launch3 Communications. Inc. considers to be Prohibited Actions (meaning those actions which create denial of access or impediment of service).
Prohibited Actions: General Terms and Conditions of Use
- Copying/duplicating the Licensed Product or creating subsets or derivative databases from the Database, except for personal use only.
- Assigning, selling or passing along the Licensed Product.
- Publishing or otherwise disseminating the Licensed Product or creating subsets or derivative databases from the Database for commercial use or sale.
- Providing services for a fee using the Licensed Product or any subsets or derivatives thereof.
- Allowing data from the Licensed Product to be made available to others or downloading the Licensed Product onto any electronic storage media or distributing or transferring the Database or Search Results in any form (printed, electronically relayed, posted to public list services or bulletin boards, or magnetically stored) to, or for the benefit, of others.
- Unauthorized distribution of passwords and/or access codes is strictly prohibited.
- Institutional users should contact their Site Administrator regarding the General Terms and Conditions of their License Agreement.
Prohibited Actions: Impersonation/Forgery
- Adding, removing, or modifying identifying network header information (aka "spoofing") in an effort to deceive or mislead.
- Attempting to impersonate any person by using forged headers or other identifying information.
Prohibited Actions: Network unfriendly activity
- Any activities which adversely affect the ability of other people or systems to use Launch3 services or the Internet are prohibited. This includes "denial of service" attacks against the Launch3 servers, network hosts or individual user.
Prohibited Actions: Commercial e-mail
- Sending unsolicited commercial e-mail. Using a Launch3 e-mail or Website address to distribute commercial e-mail is prohibited.
- Sending large volumes of unsolicited e-mail (aka "mail bombing") is prohibited.
Prohibited Actions: Access control and Authentication
- Attempting to circumvent user authentication or security of any host, network, or account (aka "cracking") is strictly prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to, accessing data not intended for the customer, logging into a server or account the customer is not expressly authorized to access. or probing the security of Launch3 servers and networks.
Prohibited Actions: Proxy Hunters, Spiders, Robots
- Using any program/script/command, or sending messages of any kind, designed to interfere with a User's session, by any means, locally or by the Internet.
Launch3 reserves the right to monitor Internet access to the Launch3 services by authorized User(s)/Licensee(s), as part of the normal course of its business practice. Should Launch3 discover User(s) engaged in Prohibited Actions as outlined in GENERAL VIOLATIONS, which create denial of access or impediment of service, and which adversely affect Launch3 's ability to provide services, Launch3 reserves the right to temporarily suspend User/Licensee access to the Launch3 Host Server and/or Database. Launch3 shall make written/electronic notification to User or Licensee point of contact of any temporary suspension, and the cause thereof, as soon as reasonably possible. This temporary suspension will remain in effect until the Prohibited Actions have ceased.